Gabriela Andrade, especialista del BID, destacó la participación que tienen las mujeres en emprendimientos fintech de América Latina
Multiple surveys and research studies have confirmed that the percentage of women invested and involved in cryptocurrency is much lower than for men, and it is perceived that the crypto industry is much more of a men’s sphere. However, every year, the number of women taking part in the crypto community grows. There are many cryptocurrency and blockchain-based projects conducted by women that are already popular all around the world. Not only in Bitcoin, but with blockchain, women are connected with startups and projects. It has been confirmed that over half of worldwide money transfers are made by women, so it only means that the percentage of women using Bitcoin in their daily lives is going to increase. In the middle of 2018, it was reported that, of the users of Bitcoin, women’s involvement had doubled from the start of the year.
- Facebook en conversaciones con Coinbase y Gemini de los Winklevoss para lanzar su Globalcoin: Informe de FT
- El gigante de las telecomunicaciones de EE. UU. AT&T ahora acepta pagos cripto mediante BitPay
- BBC: Facebook tiene como objetivo lanzar una criptomoneda enfocada en pagos en el 2020
- Kraken pagó 250 sueldos en Bitcoin a su personal el mes pasado
- El cofundador de Ethereum, Vitalik Buterin, propone crear un mezclador 'en cadena' de ether